During Valentine’s Day we celebrate love and friendship. With a gift, big or small, we show others that we care about them. This Valentine’s Day you can brighten that special someone’s day while spreading the love to families in need. Here’s how:
1. Make a gift in honor of your loved one. It's the perfect gift for someone who has everything. Help us raise enough to provide fresh produce to 4,500 families for a month through Amplify Austin. With your support we can create a healthier, hunger-free community. There are three ways to give:
Sign up to be a fundraiser! Spread the word about the Food Bank to your family and friends and encourage them to get involved in the community-wide day of giving.
Mark one thing off your to-do list and pre-schedule your donation for the day of giving in advance.
Make your gift during Amplify Austin from 6 p.m. March 1 to 6 p.m. March 2. You have 24 hours to donate green for greens by giving online at www.amplifyATX.org/foodbank
2. Surprise your favorite music lover with festival tickets. Austin Reggae Festival is right around the corner on April 20-22. Dance the weekend away to reggae, dub and dance hall. A portion of the proceeds go to the Food Bank to help fight hunger. Purchase tickets here.
3. Share a meal with your significant other. Enjoy a day feasting on oysters prepared in any way imaginable at the Austin Oyster Festival on February 24. Expect all sorts of oyster creations, music and drinks. Buy tickets here.
4. Spend quality time with your special person by giving back to the community. Enjoy trivia night and little friendly competition for your chance to win jewelry from Kendra Scott, tickets to brunch at Snooze and the Alamo Drafthouse while you help ensure only the best food gets distributed to our families. Sign up for the Food Bank’s Valentine’s Day volunteer shift here.
5. Put a smile on your favorite person, and a hungry family, when you purchase a gift through Amazon Smile. When you purchase your gift through Amazon Smile, Amazon will donate 0.5 percent of the purchasing price to the Food Bank. Buy your present through this link.