How can I help the most?
Thank you for your interest in raising food to support the fight against hunger. We want to help you raise the most meals you can!
The very best way to raise food for the Central Texas Food Bank is to host a Virtual Food Drive, which raises dollars instead of cans. The funds you raise go further at the Food Bank. You might be able to buy 10 cans of food at the grocery store for $10. That’s about eight meals. But through our economies of scale and food donor relationships, the Food Bank can source 40 meals worth of food with the same $10.
Why should I do a Virtual Food Drive?
- You’re helping more people. The Food Bank uses your dollars to provide far more meals than you can buy at the store – about five times as many meals!
- You don’t have to store collected food or transport heavy boxes to us. Not only do Virtual Food Drives raise more meals, but they’re also easier for you. Your meals will be raised virtually on a customizable online fundraising page.
- Your dollars are flexible. The Food Bank will put the funds you raise toward the area of greatest need.
- You get your friends, family and coworkers involved. Create a competitive team-builder for your office, celebrate a special event or honor a loved one through your drive.
- You can get as creative as you want. Incorporate a giveaway, 5k race, costume contest, dunking booth or catapult build – we’ve seen it all and we’re here to support you with creative ideas.
How do I get started?
First, you’ll set up your Virtual Food Drive’s own custom and secure fundraising webpage where you can raise monetary donations for the Central Texas Food Bank. You’ll set a monetary goal and create a custom URL for your page. Next, you’ll share your page with others. Anyone who donates through your Food Drive will receive an automatic email receipt.
Questions? Call our Community Events team at 512-684-1403.
How else can I help the Food Bank?
Cause Marketing Campaigns are a cooperative effort between your business and the Food Bank for mutual benefit. Your company can donate a percentage of sales to the Food Bank, or host a day where all proceeds go to fight hunger. We’ll provide co-branding and let our community of supporters know about your offer.
Non-Perishable Food Collection is a way to raise non-perishable food items to supplement the Food Bank’s inventory. You can collect food within your neighborhood or at your workplace, school, club, or place of worship. We ask that you bring the food you collect to the Central Texas Food Bank warehouse at 6500 Metropolis Drive, near the Austin airport.
We kindly ask that you drop off your collected food as part of your donation to us. We are fortunate to receive more than 3 million pounds of food donations each month at the Food Bank, but this means that picking up collections under 1,000 pounds is, unfortunately, cost prohibitive for us. If you have raised more than 1,000 pounds of non-perishable food – or more than can fit in the back of a pickup truck – we can send one of our trucks to collect your food donation. We thank you for your understanding and for helping the Food Bank use its resources most efficiently to serve our neighbors in need.
Food donations along with any unused boxes can be delivered to us directly at our location at 6500 Metropolis Dr, during our regular business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Please use the following resources to help make your food drive, event, or cause marketing campaign a success: