Resources for You
- List of places to get free food (Referral Guide)
- Mobile Pantry schedule
- Fresh Food for Families schedule
- HOPE (food for seniors) schedule
- Get Help 24/7 by dialing 2-1-1 or calling toll-free 877-541-7905. Multilingual assistance and TDD access available.
Your Right to Receive Food
When you get food from a Food Bank partner, you are entitled to these basic rights:
- to receive food and/or meals at no cost
- to NOT be required to participate in a religious event, or pay dues as a condition of receiving food
- to NOT be refused service or discriminated against based on your race, color, age, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation or political affiliation
- to be treated with respect and dignity at all times
- to NOT be required to show proof of income; only proof of residence and statement of need is required
If you feel your rights have been violated, please contact us at 512-282-2111.
What to Expect When Visiting a Food Pantry, Food Distribution or Mobile Food Pantry
When you arrive, the agency representative will ask you to fill out a basic form to show that you live in the area and ask that you declare that you need help with food. Please bring a photo ID or other documentation (such as a utility bill). You are not required to show proof of income.
You may receive up to 30 pounds of groceries, so consider bringing a food cart or several reusable bags to take your food to your final destination. Assistance may be limited. Be sure to ask how often you may visit or use services.
Many of our partners provide additional support services such as help paying for bills, job training, health services and help with transportation. You may be required to provide additional information to the agency to receive help.
Is the weather bad? Is it a holiday? Call our hotline to see if any of our food distributions are cancelled: 512-684-2559.