Receive special news and manage your giving online.
To help the Food Bank raise 500,000 meals during the difficult summer months, Walmart has issued a special matching gift challenge. Now through August 15 your donation will go twice as far. Your tax-deductible gift supports our work to ensure every Central Texan has access to healthy, safe food.
- Make a one-time donation.
- Make a sustaining gift.
- Ask your corporation to match your charitable gift. You can double or triple your impact with corporate matching gifts.
- Donate by mail.
Make your check payable to "Capital Area Food Bank of Texas" and mail to
Capital Area Food Bank of Texas
8201 South Congress Ave.
Austin, TX 78745
Please write your phone number on your check. Include your email address on your check if you would like to join our mailing list.
- Donate by phone.
Call Vanessa Vela at 512-684-2103 to make a gift by phone. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- Make a gift in honor or in memory. A letter can be mailed to the person you honor.
Why is CAFB a great community investment?
Charity Navigator awarded us four stars, their highest rating.
We set the standard among the national food bank network for the efficient and effective capture of, handling of and distribution of food. We return 96 percent of all donated resources back to the community in programs and food distribution.
We've been able to respond to the increased demand by developing new ways of managing operations and capturing and transporting food.
- In the past 12 months, CAFB trucks traveled the equivalent of around the world 12 times delivering food.
- Every day, CAFB delivers the equivalent of the weight of a Boeing 737 jet in food.
- In the past 12 months, 19,000 people volunteered with CAFB, donating 93,000 hours.
All financial contributions are tax-deductible. View the donation policies & FAQ.