Receive special news and manage your giving online.
DONATE FOOD or SUPPLIES
Whether you have non-perishable items from your kitchen pantry or your business has pallets of fresh produce, healthy food donations of any quantity are welcome anytime. You can drop off non-perishable donations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the Capital Area Food Bank. For every five pounds of food donated, CAFB can provide the equivalent of four meals!
What should I donate?
- healthy, non-perishable food
- items with intact, un-opened, consumer or commercial packaging
- items with non-breakable packaging (no glass, please)
- food within the expiration date on the packaging
- food from your community or backyard garden
Donate through Hunters for the Hungry
Through the Hunters for the Hungry program you may donate legally-tagged, field-dressed deer at a participating meat processor. Find a meat processor in your area.
What are the most-requested items?
- canned meats like tuna, stew and chili (pop-tops preferred)
- canned vegetables
- pasta & pasta sauce
- healthy cereals
- peanut butter
What happens to my food donation?
After being checked for safety and quality, CAFB distributes your food donation to one or more of the 300 Partner Agencies across 21 Central Texas counties. Partner Agencies including soup kitchens, pantries and shelters who then provide the food to hungry Central Texans. Learn how food banking works. Watch the "Follow the Can" video:
Food Donation Drop-Off Locations
Capital Area Food Bank: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. An after-hours drop box for food donations is available at the front entrance.
Select Randalls stores:
Donated goods and services are welcome. Many in-kind donations are given to CAFB Partner Agencies, allowing them to invest additional funding and energy into programs and services for their clients.
- refrigerators and freezers
- vehicles for food transportation
- reusable shopping bags for Moble Food Pantry clients
- office furniture and equipment
- office supplies
- media sponsorships and air time
- food drive materials
- printing services
- agency and staff training and professional development
The Capital Area Food Bank was awarded Charity Navigator's highest possible rating.