Receive special news and manage your giving online.
All Signature Events
Austin Chronicle Hot Sauce Festival
Austin Empty Bowl Project
Austin Reggae Festival
CROP Hunger Walk
H-E-B Help End Hunger
Souper Bowl of Caring
Stamp Out Hunger
We need 450 volunteers, 18 YEARS & OLDER, to help make this event a success. Volunteers get into the festival for free after their scheduled shift. This is a great opportunity for your workplace group, club or organization to get involved. Complete instructions and training will be provided at the beginning of each shift.
What will I be doing?
This festival volunteer opportunity is open to individuals 18 YEARS & OLDER. Complete instructions and training will be provided at the beginning of each shift.
1) Festival entrance: Collect admission fee, monetary donations and food donations. Greet and thank the public for their support. 30 volunteers needed per shift
2) Food collection: Transfer donations to boxes, stack on pallets, and help load into our trucks. During peak times, volunteers may be needed to help direct people to the shortest entrance line. 10 volunteers needed per shift
3) Festival raffle: Roam the festival grounds selling raffle tickets to attendees. 10 volunteers needed per shift
How should I dress?
Please wear shorts or jeans and a shirt or t-shirt. CAFB volunteers who have a blue, black or white Food Bank shirt can wear them. Please wear close-toed shoes to this event. For safety reasons, sandals and flip flops are not appropriate.
What should I bring?
We recommend you apply sunscreen before arriving at the event; however, we will have some extra should you need more. Bring your own sunglasses, hats, and anything special you might need, including snacks (i.e. granola bars). The Food Bank will provide bottled water throughout your shift. Please eat before your shift. The Food Bank will not provide food. You are welcome to enjoy the festival after your shift (free of charge).
Where is the festival?
The festival takes place at Auditorium Shores (downtown park at Riverside Dr. and South 1st Street). The festival entrance is on the Riverside Dr. side. Look for the Food Bank trucks which will be parked just inside the entrances, and they serve as a good landmark. Please allow 20 to 30 minutes to find parking and walk to the entrance so you can arrive at the start time of your shift. We highly recommend carpooling or being dropped off nearby.
How do I get there?
Take Lamar or Guadalupe Street south across the river.
1) Take Lamar across the river and turn left onto Riverside Dr. (first traffic light). Auditorium Shores is on your left. To park at the One Texas Center, go to the next light at South First Street and turn right. Continue through the next light, which is Barton Springs Rd. The garage is just ahead on your left.
2) Take Guadalupe south through downtown. It curves into S. First Street after it crosses Caesar Chavez along the north side of the river. As you cross the bridge over the river, you will see the Festival to your right.
Where do I park?
There are several parking options:
Shuttle to event - Free shuttle provided by event producers; leaves from paid lot located at 3rd St. and San Antonio (next to the Austin Music Hall). This lot will be closed to the public until 5 p.m. on Friday, April 16. Until 5 p.m., use the paid surface lot across the street.
Ride your bike - There will be plenty of bike racks to lock your bike up.
- Palmer Auditorium Events Center garage at S. 1st and Riverside Dr. There is a fee to park here.
- Garage at One Texas Center: 505 Barton Springs Rd. at southeast corner of S. 1st and Barton Springs Rd.; enter garage from S. 1st just south of Barton Springs Rd.; across street from Whataburger; turn in and drive past Homestead Hotel to reach entrance). There is a fee to park here.
- Garage at 300 San Antonio (near Austin Music Hall). This lot will be closed to the public until 5 p.m. on Friday, April 16. There is a fee to park here.
- Garage at Austin City Hall: between Lavaca and Guadalupe, Cesar Chavez and 2nd St. There is a fee to park here.
- Austin Convention Center garage at 2nd & Brazos. There is a fee to park here.
- Hyatt Regency parking lot (208 Barton Springs). There is a fee to park here.
- Embassy Suites parking lot (300 S. Congress). There is a fee to park here.
- Please be respectful to our friends in Travis Heights and Bouldin Creek. Do NOT park along these neighborhood streets.
Again, please allow 20 to 30 minutes to find parking and walk to the entrance so you can arrive at the start time of your shift. We highly recommend carpooling or being dropped off nearby.
How do I check in?
When you arrive at the festival entrance, please let the gate staff and admission collectors know you are a Food Bank volunteer and need to check in. DO NOT stand in the admission line to get in – walk directly to the gate staff to enter on time for your shift. REPORT TO VOLUNTEER CHECK-IN AT OUR FOOD BANK TENT (right next to the east entrance gate tent on Riverside). A Food Bank representative wearing a Food Bank shirt will get you signed-in and provide instructions.
What else should I know?
- Children under 18 are not allowed to work even with a parent/guardian. This is to ensure safety.
- No alcohol may be consumed prior to working with us at the festival or during your shift. You may enjoy the festival after your shift. Please change out of your Food Bank shirt if you plan to consume alcohol at the festival following your shift.
- Members of the same group may be assigned to help with different areas of the Festival. It takes a large team and various tasks to keep the festival entrance running smoothly.
- Tents allowed with permit only.
Thank you Food Bank volunteers!