Why this position is critical to our mission:
The objective of this position is to provide assistance in all areas of the warehouse.
About Capital Area Food Bank of Texas:
The mission of the Capital Area Food Bank of Texas is to nourish hungry people and lead the community in ending hunger. Since 1981, the Food Bank in collaboration with more than 300 partner agencies has been helping Central Texans in need providing healthy food, nutritional program assistance and education, so they can make better choices at mealtime.
- Customer service on our distribution dock of pulling and verifying agency orders, and supervise loading of agency vehicles.
- Receives donations and keeps accurate log entries of all donations
- Follows procedures pertaining to proper handling of work ticket/inventory documentation.
- Maintain the warehouse is a neat and orderly state.
- Maintain the freezer and cooler in a neat and orderly condition, including frequent trash removal, ensuring access to products.
- Assists route drivers by assessing the condition of donations they pick up, placing acceptable products in proper storage, and immediately discarding all unacceptable product.
- Operates warehouse equipment in a safe manner.
- Helps conduct periodic physical inventories, as directed.
- Complies with all health regulations and other laws that govern food handling.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Operations Management Team.
- Aligns work duties with CAFB Mission and Vision.
- Perform other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
A. Education, Experience, and Training
- Experience in warehousing and demonstrated ability to operate all warehouse equipment.
- Must be able to work in sub zero freezer for up to 5 hours per day
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to represent the Food Bank in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff, volunteers, agency personnel, and store employees.
B. Knowledge and Skills
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently, take initiative, participate as an effective team member and follow tasks through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers.
- Ability to represent the Food Bank in a professional manner under a variety of conditions.
IV. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working in inclement weather, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, radiant and electrical energy, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, typewriter, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile.
This position reports to:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
No recruiters, phone calls or walk-ins please.
The Capital Area Food Bank of Texas is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex or age.