Why this position is critical to our mission:
The Executive Assistant will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. This position requires interacting with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, organized with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. This position requires an expert level of written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail. This position will administratively support the President & CEO along with the Chief Development Officer.
About Capital Area Food Bank of Texas:
The mission of the Capital Area Food Bank of Texas is to nourish hungry people and lead the community in ending hunger. Since 1981, the Food Bank in collaboration with more than 300 partner agencies has been helping Central Texans in need providing healthy food, nutritional program assistance and education, so they can make better choices at mealtime.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents for all Board communication. This position is the primary point of contact on all materials between the CAFB and the Board of Directors
- Attends, records, transcribes and distributes minutes of meetings (Board of Directors, Committees, and weekly Executive Staff Meetings)
- Designs and maintains Executive databases to include updating the Board intranet site (ongoing)
- Maintains the Board of Directors folders on the Executive drive and updates as necessary
- Maintains the Board of Directors listing and updates as necessary
- Maintains and distributes current news (monthly updates)
- Prepares Board of Director’s orientation manuals
- Responsible for the solicitation of the annual Conflict of Interest documents
- Assist the Human Resources Department with Quarterly All Hands Meetings
- Responsible for preparing the President & CEO’s, and the Chief Development Officer’s expense reports
- Coordinates all aspects of Habitat for Humanity dedications
- Responsible for the distribution of the MFP, FFFF, and HOPE calendars
- Arranges and co-ordinates meetings and events to include scheduling of multi-constituent meetings (maintains the meeting calendar)
- Data entry and record keeping in Raiser’s Edge
- Provide assistance with the capital campaign as assigned.
A. Education, Experience, and Training
- Seven - ten year’s full-time, wage-earning experience in a high level support position within a business environment and/or a non-profit organization.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university accredited preferred but not required.
- Proven proficiency with computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software especially MS Office Suite.
- Extensive knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
B. Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. In particular, the ability to understand and organize detailed information and to write about or talk extemporaneously on that information.
- Proven excellence in organizational and planning skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to juggle and adapt to multiple projects with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Exercise good judgment and discretion; strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency with the Internet and non-profit software.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry under 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working outside in inclement weather, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, radiant and electrical energy, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, typewriter, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile.
This position reports to:
the President & CEO
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
No recruiters, phone calls or walk-ins please.
The Capital Area Food Bank of Texas is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex or age.